A healthier and stronger, sporting lifestyle.

Random Article

Home Forums Fitness Equipment £300 road bike.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jeellison 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bob Jones

I have been advised to ask this question here although I now see the forums are quite empty.  Hopefully I will get a reply anyway.

I would like to complete my first Triathlon and was wondering if £300 for a road bike is enough to spend and if so, do you have any recommendations please?

I don’t really know what to look for but would love for someone to just say buy either one of these 3 bikes, or something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Jones.

Hi Bob

Believe it or not, the best road bike you can buy for £300 is from Decathlon – it is a 24 speed bike with an aluminium frame and carbon fibre forks.

This is the link to it:

I use one as a commuting bike to save my lovely carbon fibre Boardman from the daily gunk and love it.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Bob Jones

Hello John,

You are clearly a legend and I cannot thank you enough.  I wasn’t sure I was going to get a response.

Unfortunately there are no decathlons in Wales but I will head to a local shop and see what size I need and will more than likely order one of these on-line.

Thank you again.

Bob Jones

P.S. I tried going to your website but it is not working.

Hi Bob,

His web address is http://www.bike-geek.com and welcome to Strensa.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.